BarclaycardTravel.com TERMS OF SERVICE – For Miles Program
1. Acceptance of Terms.
The following are the current terms and conditions for use of barclaycardtravel.com (the Site). Except certain aspects of the site that may be available to Public Users, the site is provided to users who register and become Members(as such terms are defined below). The site offers a miles program that will be referred to as the Program. The Site is offered subject to acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein (Terms of Service). The Terms of Service shall be deemed to include all other operating rules, policies and procedures that are referred to herein or that may otherwise be published on the Site by Barclaycard from time to time (collectively, Policies), including without limitation, Policies that may be published in respect of:
The Terms of Service are in addition to (not in lieu of) any other agreement that you have entered into with Barclaycard (now or in the future) regarding any Program (Other Agreements). If there is any conflict between the Terms of Service and those of any Other Agreement, the terms of the Other Agreement shall control.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE, OR IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE. COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING ALL OR ANY PART OF THE BarclaycardTravel.com WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE AND CREATE A LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE CONTRACT UNDER WHICH YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE, WITHOUT MODIFICATION.
Barclaycard reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the Terms of Service (including any Policy), in whole or in part, at any time. Barclaycard will use reasonable efforts to notify Users of any material change at least 30 days in advance of the effective date of any change. Change notices may be communicated by postings on the Site or, in the case of Members, electronic mail. In any case, Users should periodically check the Terms of Service for changes. Continued use of the Service following such notice of any change to the Terms of Service constitutes User's acceptance of those changes. The Terms of Service may not otherwise be amended, except by a written agreement executed by User and Barclaycard
Barclaycard may terminate the Program, in whole or in part, at any time.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register on the Site and use the Program. If you do not so qualify, you are prohibited from accessing, using and registering for the Service. Barclaycard will not collect personally identifiable information from any person that is actually known to us to be a child under the age of 18.
The term Users includes all registered and unregistered users that access or use the Site or Service. Each User that properly completes the registration process shall be considered a Member for the purposes of the Terms of Service. Users that do not complete the registration process, or whose registration is not accepted, shall be considered Public Users. Public Users do not have access to the Program. Further, some Members may also have an open Barclaycard Arrival™ World Mastercard® or Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite Mastercard® account and they will be referred to as cardmembers. To be eligible to redeem Miles earned on the Site, non-cardmembers must be within the United States. Barclaycard may refuse to offer or continue offering the Program to any person or entity and may change its eligibility criteria from time to time.
To become a Member and to be eligible for the Program, each User must complete the registration process by providing Lithium or Barclaycard with current, complete and accurate information, as more specifically required by the then current registration procedures. By way of illustration and not limitation: prospective Members may be required to provide their username, password, and legitimate electronic mail address; in order to obtain certain aspects of the Program. Members shall maintain and update their registration data from time to time, to ensure that it is always current, complete and accurate. Users may apply for registration at /sign-up. Barclaycard may refuse to accept any User's application to register as a Member, in its sole discretion.
Upon acceptance, Barclaycard will provide access credentials to the Member. Each Member is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its access credentials and other account information, and will be solely liable for any and all activities under its account. Member shall be responsible for keeping all account information up-to-date. Member agrees to notify Barclaycard immediately of any unauthorized use of Member's account or any other breach of security.
6. Rewards Program.
The Program may include one or more programs (the Rewards Program) where Members can accumulate a rewards currency (Miles), on an individual basis and solely for their own account. The Rewards Program may be structured to offer certain benefits based on the Member's current balance of "redeemable" Miles (that is, Miles that have not previously been redeemed) or "lifetime" Miles (that is, all prior Miles accumulated by Member, whether previously redeemed or not). From time to time, Barclaycard may establish (at its sole discretion) loyalty criteria pursuant to which Member's may "earn" Miles (such as, for example: by registering for this Site; by completing a profile on the Site; by loading a travel story (as defined below). Miles may expire (and become non-redeemable) after a specified period of time.
Members will earn Miles for the following activities:
- Members will earn 150 miles for each travel story that is posted on the Site. The description must contain at least 100 words and at least 1 unique photo related to the story.
- Up to five (5) travel stories can be posted for an individual City, State, Country by a Member ever.
- Up to one hundred (100) travel stories can be posted by a Member per Month.
- Each detail added to a travel story using the map will earn 10 miles per detail. Members can add up to 25 travel details per travel story.
- Every time the story that is authored by a member is 'kudoed' by another member, the member will receive 10 miles
- Completing a profile will earn each Member 500 miles; a profile is considered complete when the following information is added: 1) the City and State in which the member lives 2) At least one travel interest is selected 3) at least one travel companion is selected 4) at least 1 travel style is selected 5) at least 5 cities are added to the "My travels" map
- Barclaycard, at its sole discretion, may also provide members miles for other activities
- Barclaycard, at its sole discretion, can change or remove these miles values and activities at any time, without warning
- Barclaycard, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to pull down travel stories that do not adhere to the community guidelines or are not good faith efforts to provide quality content for Users of the Site.
- Barclaycard may terminate your use of the Site, at its sole discretion, for behavior inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions for Miles Participation or for any conduct that it considers to be inappropriate without warning.
Other information about the Program:
- For Members who are cardmembers, the Miles accumulated from their activity on the Site will be added (the Transfer) to the Miles balance for their Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard or Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard on a monthly basis. Cardmembers must have an account open and in good standing at the time of the monthly Miles Transfer.
- For Members who are non-cardmembers, every 2,500 Miles earned will result in an automatic redemption for $5 of value in the form of an eGiftcard from a select list of four major retailers (subject to change at any time, without notice). Maritz, a third-party gift card service will email a list of four major retailers to non-cardmembers to choose their $5 eGiftcard preferred retailer. If non-cardmembers do not select an e-Giftcard option by the date indicated on the email notification, a eGiftcard from one of the major retailers will be sent in order to fulfill the reward(s). For more important information about eGiftcards, please refer to note 7 below. This automated redemption may take 4 to 8 weeks
- Non-cardmembers must be able to shop at one of the four major retailers within the United States of America in order to use the eGiftcard.
- Member's Miles cannot be redeemed by, or sold or otherwise transferred to, any other Member of this the Site.
- Upon termination of Member's registration or closure of their Barclaycard ArrivalWorld Mastercard or Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard for any reason, all Miles earned on the Site are lost, regardless of how they were acquired by Member.
- Miles are not valid unless earned in strict compliance with the requirements as established and intended by Barclaycard, and Member shall not attempt to earn Miles by any means (including without limitation, by using any script, bot or other automated means) that only simulates compliance with the applicable requirements.
- Barclaycard's good faith determination of the amount of Miles available to any Member hereunder shall be final and binding.
- The current Miles balance for non-cardmembers displayed on the Site will be updated once per day.
The four major retailers offered for non-cardmembers are not sponsors of this promotion and are subject to change at any time, without notification. eGiftcards (“GCs”) may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at the chosen retailer. GCs cannot be redeemed for purchases of gift cards. Except as required by law, GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash, or applied to any other account.
9. User Rules and Conduct.
The Service is provided to Users only for their personal, noncommercial use. Any unauthorized use of the Site (including without limitation, accessing the Rewards Program or other aspect of the Site for which the User is not authorized, or any commercial use not expressly permitted in the Terms of Service, such as, for example, reselling any content or information to third parties) is expressly prohibited. Each Member is solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under its account, username or password, including User Content posted to or transmitted via the Service.
By way of example, and not limitation, each User agrees not to (a) take any action or (b) upload, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any User Content (including text, communications, software, photographs, videos, sound recordings, data or other information) using any communications service, discussion forum, directory, survey, feedback or other service available on or through the Service, in any manner, that:
- is unlawful, deceptive, misleading, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, profane or which otherwise violates the Terms of Service or any Other Agreement;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, privacy right or other right of any party;
- reveals any personal information about another individual, including another person's name, address, phone number, electronic mail address, credit card information or any other information that could be used to track, contact or impersonate that person;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming"), chain letters or any form of lottery or gambling;
- imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Barclaycard's computing, storage or communications infrastructure, or attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or otherwise;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware or network system or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data or other information of Barclaycard, Client or any third party;
- creates Member accounts by any automated means or under false or misleading pretenses;
- harvests, scrapes or collects any information from The Site or Client Site;
- disguises the source of User Content posted by User;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Barclaycard, the Client or other The Site Affiliate;
- Plagiarizes any content obtained from another source; or
- Uses any photograph that is not owned by the member, for example including but not limited to, stock photography or photographs from other travel websites or communities.
- Posts Travel Stories that contain irrelevant content and/or details that do not provide informational value to other community members.
Member agrees that Miles are not valid unless earned strictly in compliance with the requirements as established and intended by Barclaycard, and Member shall not attempt to earn Miles by any means (including without limitation, by using any script, bot or other automated means) that only simulates compliance with the applicable requirements. Member shall perform all of its obligations in respect of any Rewards Program transaction entered into in connection with using the Site.
Barclaycard may, at its sole discretion, immediately suspend or terminate any User's access to the Service should its conduct fail (or appear to fail) to strictly conform to any provision of this section.
Barclaycard has no obligation to monitor the Site or any User’s use thereof. However, Barclaycard reserves the right at any time and without notice to monitor, review, retain or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request or investigation (including law enforcement).
Barclaycard may undertake to pre-screen, authenticate, validate, monitor, moderate or edit any User Content. Barclaycard and its agents have the right, at their sole discretion, to remove at any time any User Content that, in Barclaycard's judgment, does not comply with the Terms of Service or any Other Agreement or otherwise appears harmful, objectionable or inaccurate. Barclaycard is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any such content.
User shall not post any confidential content or other information that it desires to keep secret.
11. Third Party Sites.
The Site may permit Users to access The Site from and to link from The Site to other websites on the Internet, including without limitation, the website affiliated with the Client who is the focus of this The Site (the Client Site). These other websites are not under Barclaycard's control, and User acknowledges and agrees that Barclaycard is not responsible for the accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of the content or function of such websites. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement of the website by Barclaycard or any association with its operators. Additional or different terms and conditions may apply when Users are accessing and using such other websites.
12. Participation in Promotions of Affiliates.
Any dealings by Users with the Client, advertisers and other vendors (collectively, The Site Affiliates) via the Site, or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between the User and The Site Affiliate or other third party. Barclaycard is not responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
In addition, please refer to the Site Terms if Use at http://barclaycardtravel.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/terms-of-use as well as the community guidelines at http://barclaycardtravel.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/community-guidelinesUpdated September 2017