Your community manager
Before we get into the community guidelines, let's discuss the role of the community manager. His/her primary responsibilities are to provide the best possible member experience by monitoring activity and discussions, listening and ensuring we’re all living up to the spirit of the guidelines. The community manager will respond to specific questions and concerns and provide status updates to your questions ASAP. The community manager will be honest, transparent and straightforward. They will be respectful and recognize your feedback, but won't be obstructive and will let community members give each other feedback and share their experiences (good and bad). The community manager will publish content that stimulates conversation and provide useful resources. And now for the community guidelines…
Mind Your Manners
It should go without saying. However, community members should express themselves in a respectful manner. Any member contribution, regardless of form, that is derogatory, abusive, offensive, obscene, violent or otherwise deemed inappropriate is forbidden.
Honesty is Good Policy
The point of having a community is to give members a forum in which to make the card and community membership, better. Any member contribution should support those goals. Sharing false or intentionally misleading information is bad form.
Keep it Spam-Free
The community is not designed as a means to advance the business interests of any individual member or group of members. Good contributions help the entire community by providing relevant, insightful information or asking important questions. Contributions should never include advertising or marketing messages.
Relevant Is As Relevant Does
The community functions best when individual members act to improve the card and community membership. While we respect the fact that members have a lot of other stuff going on in their lives, site content should focus on matters related to the Barclays Travel Community. This is not Reddit.
Post Quality Travel Stories
- Do not post stories with information and/or images that are not unique to you (example: taking pictures from Google images searches; copying a review from another travel site).
- Do not post non-travel related stories (examples: your trip to local, generic chain restaurants, the view from your car while driving, etc.).
- Do not post multiple stories of the same place with relatively similar information and images (example: seven travel stories of one museum or town with a single photo in each).
- Do not post Travel Stories that contain irrelevant content and/or details that do not provide informational value to other community members (examples: content on common chain dining/retail establishments, content that details a day to day routine rather than unique travel experiences).
Ramifications for Rule Violators
- Barclays Travel Community Managers and Moderation Team reserve the right in their sole discretion to delete travel stories and/or permanently ban a community member, without warning, who has exhibited behavior inconsistent with the guidelines and terms and conditions.
E Pluribus Community
Claims of Copyright Infringement
Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays") respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users and visitors to do the same If you believe that your intellectual property has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you will need to send a written or electronic communication that includes all of the following, pursuant to Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"):
- The name, address and contact information for the complaining party;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the material that has allegedly been infringed;
- An identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- A description of and link to the infringing material sufficient to identity the copyrighted work and alleged infringement;
- A statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the law or the copyright owner; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complainant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of material that has allegedly been infringed.
Pursuant to Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.
Written or electronic notice of copyright infringement should be mailed to Barclays’ designated agent at:
Barclays Bank Delaware
745 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
(For both mail and email notices, please include “Notice of Infringement” in the subject line.)
It is often difficult to determine if your intellectual property rights have been violated. Barclays may request additional information before we remove any infringing material. If a dispute develops as to the correct owner of the rights in question, Barclays reserve the right to remove your content along with that of the alleged infringer pending resolution of the matter.
Barclays may give you notice that we have removed or disabled access to certain content or material. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- statement from you under the penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Barclays may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING BARCLAYS ABOUT INFRINGEMENTS OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS PRODUCT OR SERVICE-RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS, OR QUESTIONS ON PRIVACY, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.