Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival Plus fee

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Barclays Arrival Plus fee

All-

I have been using the Barclays Arrival Plus for the past year as my "roadtrip" card.  For budgeting /tracking purposes I put all trip expenses on it instead of my regular everyday visa.  I noticed my annual fee is coming due and am not sure if it makes sense for me to keep the card though (my normal visa is free but only earns 1% rewards).  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

-Jim

Tags (2)
4 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Barclays Arrival Plus fee

You can downgrade the card to a no annual fee version. You will still earn 2X on travel but 1X on other purchases. And most likely you will still be able to participate in the travel community.

County Wise

My initial thought is you would receive a lot back more in rewards if you used your Arrival Plus for both road trips and every day spend.  It wouldn't keep separate pots like you have arranged now, but you'd more than double your rewards for every day spend.  Earning from everyday spend is kind of the beauty of this card, so take advantage of it.  

Nationally Recognized

Thanks Parkhopper and Bob!

Nationally Recognized

It's honestly a little hard for me to defend keeping the card with the annual fee, when there are 2% straight cashback cards out there with no fee. I wish Barclay would do something to up the game on this card a little...