cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sometimes a trip to pennsylvania turns into a trip to Prague. because why not?

Highlighted
City Slicker

sometimes a trip to pennsylvania turns into a trip to Prague. because why not?

Thats normal, right?!  When I received the wedding invite, I said to my boyfriend, "Hey, we are going to Pennsylvania for a wedding in October.  We may as well go to Prague and Budapest while we're at it."  This, naturally, was met with a look of confusion and a how-on-earth-does-that-make-sense-to-you raise of the eyebrow.  Which, lucky me, I'm prepared for: "listen.  we are already going to be on the east coast (we live in Texas) so we are basically half way to Europe, so the flight is shorter.  Plus, it'll be cheaper than flying from Austin.  Plus, we've been talking about going to Europe (we've mainly traveled to Central and South America).  Pretty hard to fight my logic, so that is how we came to travel from Austin to Pennsylvania, PA to Dublin, Dublin to Prague, Prague to Budapest and back home to Austin.  While both of us had been to Western Europe independent of eachother, this was our first trip collectively to Eastern Europe.  How do you even narrow down photos from one of the most picturesque cities in Europe to only one??  You can't.  Not really, not of the traditional type photos of scenery, architecture, etc.  That is why I chose this photo.  Its not a traditional travel picture but to me, exeplifies so much of Prague, which is where this was taken.  These faces are hanging on the John Lennon wall.  We went to it twice, once during the day and once in the evening and each visit brought with it such an amazing energy.  The loud, drunk Italian friends talking selfies.  The single man playing Beatles covers on his acoustic guitar.  The lovers holding hands.  The dreamers imagining.  All the colors.  All the cultures. All of it all in one location.  Brilliantly colorful and hopelessly romantic. IMG_1318.JPGimagine.

work less. travel more.