cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volcano Island

Highlighted
County Wise

Volcano Island

AN ISLAND, WITHIN A LAKE, IN A VOLCANO, IN A LAKE, ON AN ISLAND...

I could not believe this place was real when I arrived in September, 2017. I thought to myself, "well I better have my camera ready to capture a unicorn today!" The view took my breathe away. It is a place everyone needs to experience at least once in their lifetime. None of the islands in the Philippines could compare to Luzon. Where I am directing travelers to is within the island of Luzon on an enormously wide lake called Lake Taal. Within Lake Taal projects the upper reaches of one of the world's most active volcanos, which is the Taal Volcano. Did I think the volcano was going to erupt while I was visiting? Absolutely. You can see pockets of steam all over and feel the insane heat on red lava rock.

Everywhere I saw it referred to was "Volcano Island." To further explane, within Volcano Island, over 1000ft up from Lake Taal, sits the Main Crater Lake. It's hard to picture from a written description which makes this place even more intriguing. One final layer is Vulcan Point Island within Main Crater Lake within Volcano Island within Lake Taal within Luzon within the Philippines within the Pacific Ocean. This was the greatest adventure by a long shot.

How to get there: Take a plane or 3, to a car, board a boat, mount a horse and fly on a zipline to the top. Don't miss this destination. My awesome crewMy awesome crewTake a Drone!Take a Drone!IMG_1366.JPGPictures can't do this place justicePictures can't do this place justiceIMG_3342.JPGThunder Heads!Thunder Heads!Looking for UnicornsLooking for Unicorns