cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Surreal Sunset

City Slicker

The Surreal Sunset

IMG_0382-003.JPGI and my wife were traveling to Tampa and neighboring beaches in Florida. It was the third day of our trip and we were spending a relaxed evening at the Siesta Key beach, waiting for a spectacular sunset. My wife is very passionate about photography and she was trying to capture random but beautiful moments around. Right before sunset, we saw these two boys playing with the waters and the waves. It was a pure euphoria! My wife tried to capture their joyful dancing and this image happened. Everything in this picture seems to be perfectly placed. The slowly sinking red sun is embracing the clouds, the two seagulls seem to be in playful sync with the boys. The wave is right at their feet and the splashes they created are creating a random spectrum around the sun. This image is the perfect representation of the bliss and joy we experienced during the entire trip.

My wife eventually found out the parents of these kids and sent them this picture. They were filled with joy and wonder when they saw this lovely picture. I hope that the entire family spend a new year as joyful as this image is.