cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking advantage of a trip to Japan for work

City Slicker

Taking advantage of a trip to Japan for work

I was able to explore Japan during a work trip this past year and made it to a few different locales. My first (outside of the town my office is in) was Hiroshima. I went hiking on blistering hot summer day on Miyajima island where I was able to see the floating Torii gate, go to the aquarium, and visit the shrine. But something about visiting Hiroshima and seeing the A-bomb dome aside of modern day Hirsohima really struck a cord with me. Maybe because I was born on Pearl Harbor Day (December 7th) and therefore the history of that day has stuck with me my entire life. Or maybe, it's the peaceful nature the city has taken on and the memories it encapsulates. Either way, I fell in love, and I can't wait to go back.I was able to explore Japan during a work trip this past year and made it to a few different locales. My first (outside of the town my office is in) was Hiroshima. I went hiking on blistering hot summer day on Miyajima island where I was able to see the floating Torii gate, go to the aquarium, and visit the shrine. But something about visiting Hiroshima and seeing the A-bomb dome aside of modern day Hirsohima really struck a cord with me. Maybe because I was born on Pearl Harbor Day (December 7th) and therefore the history of that day has stuck with me my entire life. Or maybe, it's the peaceful nature the city has taken on and the memories it encapsulates. Either way, I fell in love, and I can't wait to go back.