cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South African Safari - A Trip of a Lifetime!

Stately Explorer

South African Safari - A Trip of a Lifetime!

African safari always gives me an impression of expensive and far-reached bucket list destination from all those National Geographic and travel magazines. I never even think to start to plan for such a trip until one of my coworkers went on a South Africa safari trip last year. When I saw photos of her trip of how close she got to the animals even though she didn’t have any fancy DSLR camera, my travel bug started to bite me bad, real bad!  On Friday, July, 28th, 2017, our adventure started with a long flight…it took 2 days to get there…

Once we landed at Skukuza Airport (inside the Kruger National Park) and got our rental car, we drove out for our first self-drive safari adventure! We didn’t know what to expect but were super excited to be inside the park already so animals could appear any minute! We were on the lookouts for animals and within few minutes after getting out of the airport road, we saw OMGGGGGGGG my favorite animal – a giraffe!!! We pulled over the car and rolled down our windows to take photos! It was unbelievable, a wild giraffe right beside us! Not sure if it heard our camera shutter sound, it turned and looked at us; that moment was priceless!

6P8B8954-1.jpg6P8B9218-1.jpg6P8B0037-1.jpg6P8B9667-1.jpg