cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scraped knees, muddy shoes, nothing to lose, while awarded with an incredible view.

Highlighted
City Slicker

Scraped knees, muddy shoes, nothing to lose, while awarded with an incredible view.

It was your ordinary stroll to the washroom on sunny and tropical Christmas afternoon 2017, when I came across a sign that said "proceed with caution." This sign was at the start of a gruelling hike in Railay Beach, Thailand. I though to myself "I like hikes, why not?" I used the washroom, gathered my things and off I went. Little did I know this was one of the hardest hikes of my life scaling boulders, clambering through the mud and grasping for dear life. No wonder there was a warning sign at the bottom. But, when I escalated to the top, I was awarded with the most amazing view of the Railay Peninsula. To top it off, there were Dusky Langur monkeys relaxing in the trees aboving enjoying the view as well. This alone and peaceful moment is what truly sticks out in my mind during my Thailand adventure, making it the best trip of 2017. (Photo was taken with my Samsung J7)Railay P. Christmas 2017.jpg