cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandboarding at the Great Sand Dunes

Highlighted
City Slicker

Sandboarding at the Great Sand Dunes

DXJM3342.jpgWalked through the freezing creek to make it to the Sand DunesIMG_8468.JPGIt was a super windy day! We had sand EVERYWHERE. Until this day I still have sand on my hat, jacket and scarf...IMG_8503.JPGSandboarding Pros ;)IMG_8427.JPGBeautiful Blanca PeakIMG_8447.JPGThe amazing Great Sand DunesIMG_8466.JPGGetting there!This was one of the best experiences in my life! Who knew there were Sand Dunes in the middle of Colorado? AND that you could actually do some sandboarding on them. We went in October and we got to enjoy the beautiful change of seasons. The leaves were changing and you would see patches of light and dark green, yellows, and even some orange! We also got lucky that it had snowed a bit the weekend before we got there. Overall Colorado is a beautiful state with amazing scenery. We arrived in Denver and rented a car to go to the Sand Dunes about 4 hours South. On the way to the park we also passed by the Garden of the Gods and did a Jeep Tour. It was certainly the trip of a life time!