cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLO TRIP AROUND THE WORLD

City Slicker

SOLO TRIP AROUND THE WORLD

I had recently moved from California to Washington and learned that PTO laws were different. That was in September 2017. I needed to get my butt on a plane--quick! My husband was busy opening a restaurant and was going to be tied up before the holidays, which left me with a decision to make: staycation or solo trip around the world. I love my husband, but I had to go. So after some research and some soul searching, I decided on an itinerary that blew my own mind. I was going to Sydney, Bali and Stockholm. Flying all the way around the world. I had no expectations. No plans. Aside from Stockholm, where I have family, I had never been to Australia or Indonesia. It was full of mindful moments, wrong turns, green smoothies and the greatest adventure. I decided to commit to doing 20 yoga classes on my journey. It was a way for me to find the familiar in the unfamiliar. It kept me centered. I was so full of gratitude for the experiences I had each day. This photo was taken at Pura Tirta Empul, Tampaksiring in Bali. It was the one day I went on a guided tour--just me and Baru Redana. The only day I got pictures of myself that weren't selfies. He captured the moment that was most precious to me. I had surrendered to the experience and was completely at peace. It was emotional. It was spiritual. It was unforgettable.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.50.54 AM.png