cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morocco Surf Trip

Highlighted
County Wise

Morocco Surf Trip

In November 2017 I traveled to Morocco.  For years I had known how to surf, but I always watched kite surfers catching waves and catching the wind.  It was something I wanted to learn.  I had also always wanted to visit Morocoo.  A quick google search revealed that the coastal Moroccan town of Essaouira had prime wind conditions  nearly all year round.  I booked flights to Marrakech, found an instructor, and was on my way.  The first 4 days I spent getting tugged around in the water and finally got up (very briefly) on the last day of my lessons.  The seafood from tangines was great, the souks were fascinating, and the locals celebrated a national football team victory.  After 4 days of a new skill I travelled a short distance south to taghazout to do some regular surfing, met some great people, and saw goats climbing to the tops of Argan trees. Finally, I hit the road back to Marrakech to see the Atlas Mountains and historical sights.  I was back home in 9 days, with wonderful memories and a new talent to hone. DSC_0196 (2).JPGDSC_0002 (3).JPGDSC_0171 (2).JPG