cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ladies and Gents, this is hard to choose...can you help me??? I'm desperate!!

City Slicker

Ladies and Gents, this is hard to choose...can you help me??? I'm desperate!!

Wow,

So, this year...2017...has been the best year of my 27 here on earth. I cannot hope to repeat the amount of love and fun I have experienced traveling the planet. I had been saving my credit card rewards points for the past 3 years and I went all in for 2017. Didnt spend a dime on plane tickets!

I start in January, flying to Portland Oregon in the middle of a snow storm! I land in PDX, my friend (the groom below) picks me up in his rockin suburu. Cars are abandoned in the breakdown lane, trucks are strewn about the highway...waiting for someone to help them move..if just an inch. Cut forward, Eddie and I take off from Portland, driving down to Santa Barbara, CA. Why? Because my boy Eddie is getting married!!! Not only that, but months before, he asked me to officiate and officiate I did. Officiated the hell out of it. Had jokes, had the grandparents, parents and siblings in tears. Even managed to get in a joke about Trump, was a real crowd pleaser. Felt like Michael Jackson after the ceremony, everyone wanted to chat with the orator.

It was a beautiful wedding, and one of the coolest days of my life. I mean that. I have officiated one friend's wedding the year prior, and am officiating my friend's wedding on 7/6/18 in Vermont. These do mean alot to me, I cherish the process of getting to know the couple at a deeper level. The experience was so radically different than the first, and when I see the sigh of relief on the groom and brides faces at the end, all the hard work and anxiousness melts away....and then theres the wine!

Now, in 2017...I went to Iceland in June. Not only did I go to Iceland, but I went with my 4 college roomates. Sort of our first adult trip together, defintely first outside of the country. We all live in different states and this was our chance to make up for lost time, since graduating. We did SO MANY different things...Class 4+ water rafting in Akureyri, diving in the Silfra Fissure, and flying my drone at each and every waterfall we could find.

After that, I went island hopping (Athens >> Santorini >> Paros >> Mykonos) with a couple of my current roomates and a few friends from college (Go Bentley Falcons!). I also brought my drone and managed to convince my buddies to jump off this cliff you see in the picture below. Was madness, I initially climbed in to make sure there were no rocks below the surface...because you know...broken legs. Had an amazing time and caught some amazing drone footage!

And then, for the finale, I flew from my hometown in Boston to Tokyo with my best friend. He is a brother to me and since I moved around quite a bit when I was younger, the longest friendship I have (since 6th grade). That picture, is Cory and I, on the top of Mt. Fuji at 5:58am. We started our hike at 10:30pm the night before, so we could glimpse at this sunrise when we finally hit the top. Full hike up and down was around 11 hours, but boy was it worth it. Too windy at the top to fly the drone but I got some INSANE gopro footage. It was a bucket list item for me and now I can stop looking up other mountains to climb.

2017 was a crazy, amazing, adrenaline rush of a year, but it all pales in comparison to taking part in such an important day for my friends. They started their life together officially, as far as California is concerned, and I was lucky enough to be a part of it.

Hope y'all like my story. Have everyone has a phenomenal 2018!

Here I am, officiating the wedding of my college friends! (in January)Here I am, officiating the wedding of my college friends! (in January)Here I am, jumping off cliffs in Paros, Greece (July trip)Here I am, jumping off cliffs in Paros, Greece (July trip)Here I am, with my college friends at Godafoss in Iceland (June trip)Here I am, with my college friends at Godafoss in Iceland (June trip)Here I am, at the top of Mt. Fuji at 5:58am with my best friend (August trip)Here I am, at the top of Mt. Fuji at 5:58am with my best friend (August trip)