cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

France

Highlighted
City Slicker

France

This year was a big travel year for me--with two kids under 3, I learned that it IS possible to travel well with young kids, but it is different and the fun you have is about adjusting expectations. My husband and I planned out our year to spend time together as a family and on solo trips as well so we could get the R&R and family time traveling that we wanted. We live in the Bahamas, so in-between multiple trips San Francisco and Salt Lake City (where we visit family), we went to Rochester, New Orleans, Hawaii, France, and New Zealand. It was really hard to decide between our France trip and New Zealand trip, but I turned 30 this year, and my greatest dream has been to visit France. Most people would probably decide that a trip to France with a baby and toddler would be a nightmare, but this is my favorite memory of the year. We spent the first part in Paris soaking up French culture and cuisine, then rented a car and visited WWII sites and museums in Normandie. We also spent a day at Euro Disney for the kids (something I would never do as an adult traveler), and learned that you need to do something for everyone on a family trip. This is us at the cliffs of Etretat in Normandie, France, where we took a short hike with both kids to see sweeping, stunning views of the Channel's coastline. I'll always treasure this time we had traveling with our young children, even though they won't remember it. Not only did I reach a traveling milestone (realizing that travel can be wonderful with young children), I fulfilled a lifelong dream made better by traveling with my family.

22.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg21985035_655987181275830_490773792516210688_n.jpg21909650_281490689004552_289027792664788992_n.jpg