cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Tranquility in My Late Father's Paradise (Hawaii)

Highlighted
City Slicker

Finding Tranquility in My Late Father's Paradise (Hawaii)

KaneoheKaneoheThis picture was taken February 8th 2017 in Kaneohe, HI. I was 7 months pregnant and traveled to Hawaii to honor my late father who passed the year before. This was my favorite trip of the year as it connected me to my father, the island being as small as it is gave me the ability to see what my father saw, breathe the air he breathed, and feel the warmth of the Hawaiian sun that he felt in his last days. This day specifically I remember being disappointed in the overcast but not wanting to waste precious time in Hawaii, rather than stay in I chose to drive HI-83 (Kamehameha Highway) and soak in the beauty and majesty of the stormy yet beautifully turquoise ocean, I also played my father's favorite Hawaiian songs, and cried happy tears knowing my father was with me in my heart, it was a very poetic and healing day making it my favorite trip bar none. My time in Hawaii was a perfect time for closure and tranquility, while I didn’t do any fancy resorts or beachfront hotels, having the closeness of my father’s spirit was everything for me. 

-Celina C