cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diving with giant manta rays in "the Mexican Galapagos"!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Diving with giant manta rays in "the Mexican Galapagos"!

In May 2017 I decided to splurge a bit on a scuba diving trip of a lifetime. I traveled with my younger brother to Cabo San Lucas (Mexico), where we met up with a large ship named "Quino el Guardian" and left the following to make the 36-hour journey to the Revillagigedo Islands. This is a super remote place that not many people ever get to experience, and showcases main attractions such as giant manta rays, schooling hammerhead sharks, wild dolphins, humpback whales, whale sharks, and much, much more! It is basically a diver's trip of a lifetime to swim with huge ocean creatures. In that regard, it's a lot like the Galapagos except it is lesser-known (and no giant tortoises live there). The picture I've included (taken by my brother Sami Kattan, who has given me permission to share) shows me swimming in my SCUBA gear alongside one of the many giant manta rays we met over the course of that week. It's a moment I will never forget, and is definitely my most cherised travel memory from 2017!
IMG_1215.JPG