Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination Wedding in Italy Followed by Honeymoon in Santorini

Highlighted
City Slicker

Destination Wedding in Italy Followed by Honeymoon in Santorini

Newlyweds in PerugiaNewlyweds in Perugia

My husband and I had a destination wedding in October. We hosted 20 of our closest friends and family for a week-long stay in a renovated castle located outside of Perugia, Italy. During the week we encouraged our guests to explore what Italy had to offer. Some ventured out to Rome and Florence while others saw Assisi, Gubbio, and Orvieto. Everyone would return to the Castle at night for dinner, drinks, and bocci ball. Our wedding was on Thursday, October 12th, on the estate. We had the countryside of Perugia as our ceremony scenery, took wedding photos in the olive grove, and had a wonderful reception in the castle courtyard. The next day everyone drove into the town of Perugia for the chocolate festival (photo is from that day trip). Everyone left Italy on Saturday with some guests staying a few days longer in other cities as others flew back to the States. My husband and I flew on to Santorini, a dream vacation of mine, for our honeymoon. We stayed in Fira for almost a week. We had an amazing time hiking from Fira to Oia, exploring the streets of Fira and the Old Port, and taking a boat tour inside the volcanoes (one is still active) to swim in the sulphurous waters, to the Red and the White beach, and snorkel in the cold ocean. Those two weeks were a highlight of not only 2017 but of our lives as we got to celebrate a momentous occasion with our favorite people while simultaneously sharing our love for travel.