cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costa Rica

Highlighted
City Slicker

Costa Rica

My then boyfriend & I went down to Costa Rica for spring break in 2017 to join his family. We flew out a few days before them & got to do some exploring of our own before the rest of them all got down there. We were in the town of Liberia, not the most sought after destination down there. A different country is still a different country & I made sure we had some sort of adventure before we headed toward the ocean. We stayed at a hostel in the town and the owner of it was so incredibly nice & had suggestions of what people could see haning up. I'm obsessed with waterfalls so I asked the owner about a photo of one hanging up. He said it was a cheap bus ride to the stop and a two mile walk back on a dirt road or a more expensive taxi ride all the way to it. We chose the bus & the walk. We went in March, part of their dry season, the two mile walk held brown, dead trees, grass, & leaves on the long dirt path under the 90 degree sun. It opened up to a toal oasis in the middle of nowhere containg lush greenery, vines, mud, & of course the waterfall. Getting down to it after our long sweaty, dusty walk was a truly unforgettable experience. This oasis held the waterfall named Catarata Llanos de Cortes, little miny pools and lots of trails to wander. The walk back up the dusty, scorching road was not looked forward to, but the waterfall was definitely worth it. IMG_2985.jpg