cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boston Marathon 2017

Highlighted
City Slicker

Boston Marathon 2017

I was so proud of my boyfriend when he qualified for the Boston Marathon. We prepared for the trip for about eight months. I thought it would be kind of boring, like being a spectator at most races (shh, don't tell him). I was completely blown away by just how amazing the race and city are during the race. From an amazing pre-race center, rooftop parties, people out cheering at all hours of the race, and getting to see amazing world class athletes perform, it was mind blowing! The city shuts down for it and throws a massive celebration the entire day.

I was able to enjoy the race from our AirBnB and have a delightful breakfast from the bakery on the block. My adrenaline was pumping waiting to see how the participants did. After the race, I was able to meet up with my runner and get back to our place quickly thanks to the T. Food was great and we ran across a fabulous little Harry Potter shop! 

While it was not the most exotic trip we took this year, it was exhilirating and surprisingly fun. I was incredibly proud of my runner as well.

Sunset the night beforeSunset the night before

Fan favorite Meb!Fan favorite Meb!

Top 4 male runnersTop 4 male runners

Top 4 female runnersTop 4 female runners

Enjoying a cup of tea while the race starts.Enjoying a cup of tea while the race starts.

Streets prepped for the raceStreets prepped for the race