cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Between Two Oceans...

Highlighted
City Slicker

Between Two Oceans...

For the last five years, an ocean has seperated my father and I. You see, it was five years ago that I took my own family to Nigeria in West Africa. We left the USA to work for a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO). My family includes my wife and two children, now ages 12 & 14. I am the only child of my father and I have his only two grandchildren with me, so any time spent with us all is very dear to him. 

Imagine my excitement when one day he called me and said, "Plan a trip where I can come and meet you and spend time with you all. It can even be on your side of the world!" I immediately told him that Cape Town, South Africa is where we needed to go. I planned everything out for February of 2017 including airfare, airbnb accomodations, and even car rentals. I paid for it all on the Barclay Arrival Plus Card. It was great using my award points to get travel credits off of my bill. It was like saving money on the trip without having to haggle or negotiate discounts with individual vendors.

On our trip, we had an amazing time! Finally, instead of an ocean seperating us, we actually were able to spend time together between two oceans! Literally. We drove to the most southern tip of the continent of Africa where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. We felt like we had conquered the great ocean that seperated us for so long.

Also on our trip we went on may adventures together and my father had so much fun that he has asked me to plan another trip for 2018. I've already planned a trip to Italy for three weeks in June where we will meet up again and enjoy a great vacation together. I've have already made plans for airfare, airbnb, and car rentals on... you guessed it... my Barclay Arrival Plus Card! 

Thank you for such a great card that can literally bring families together.

Sincerly,

Lenny Miles

FullSizeRender.jpgBetween Two Oceans, L'Agulhas, South Africa

DSC_1593.JPGIs this what Heaven is like? Cape Point, South Africa

DSC_0104.JPGDare you Dassie, Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa

DSC_1631.JPGDaughter Dance, Cape Point, South Africa

DSC_0106.JPGDangling Dassie, Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa

DSC_0001 copy.JPGMy son doing homework with a view! Hermanus, South Africa

DSC_0191.JPGPenguin Pals, Boulder Beach South Africa

DSC_0221 copy.JPGHermanus, South Africa

DSC_1586.JPGWhere to on our next adventure? Cape Point, South Africa

IMG_0010.JPGFamily below Table Mountain at V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa

DSC_0211.JPGSandcastles & Penguins, Boulder Beach, South Africa