cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A family Safari adventure dream come true! :-)

City Slicker

A family Safari adventure dream come true! :-)

My favorite trip last year (and of all time) has to be our family trip to South Africa in June 2017.

Our 12 day trip included just 1 safari to Kruger national park initially, but we enjoyed the safari experience so much that we decided to add in another safari at Pilanesberg National park.

Elephants fighting - KrugerElephants fighting - KrugerLioness with her kill - PilanesbergLioness with her kill - Pilanesberg

We then took the picturesque garden route to Knysna.

There we visited Knysna Elephant park to do a surise walk with the elephants. That was a really nice experience as we not only enjoyed walking with the mighty elephants but we were able to get insight into the lives of the locals who were guiding us along the tour. It was my South african guide who told me about the variety of diaelects prevalant in South Africa such as Zulu, Ndebele, and Tswana to name a few.Knysna elephant preserveKnysna elephant preserve

Dad with local guideDad with local guide

After the three trips we doubted anything could match that but the beautiful beaches of Cape Town came mighty close. We were awed by the panaromic views that Table Mountain afforded us and then enthralled by the flora and fauna at the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.

Cape town from Table mountainCape town from Table mountain

20369684_10154724222631269_1746805321731661259_o.jpgKirstenbosh botanical gardenKirstenbosh botanical gardenKirstenbosh botanical gardenKirstenbosh botanical garden

All through the trips our hotels were fantastic but surely The Palace of the Lost City in Sun City takes the cake.Dining room Palace of lost CityDining room Palace of lost City

speedboat at Knysnaspeedboat at Knysna

Cape of good hopeCape of good hope

We ended the trip at the Cape of Good Hope. A fitting end to an awesome adventure!

I highly recommend South Africa as the perfect family destination.