cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite family spring break destination?

City Slicker

What's your favorite family spring break destination?

Spring Break is quickly approaching-What is your favorite family spring break destination? What are some tips for spring break travelling?

6 Replies
City Slicker

Re: What's your favorite family spring break destination?

One of the best Spring Break trips I had was a trip to Costa Rica back in 2010.  I went for 10 days with a group of friends from school.  The weather there in the spring is very nice and warm- definitely warm enough to spend a couple days at their wonderful beaches!

Along with Costa Rica's beautiful beaches, they also have many natural parks, rainforests, and hot springs for you to visit.  One of my favorite parts of this vacation was visiting the Arenal Volcano.  It's pretty amazing being able to be so close to a volcano. 

As for family fun- there are tons of things to do.  There are many little towns that you can visit and shop.  And if your children like animals, there are so many to see there that you wouldn't be able to see in the US.  Take a tour through one of the rainforests and you're bound to see plenty of animals.  I was about 5 ft away from a sloth!

All in all, Costa Rica is a great place for a spring break vacation.  The country is so beautiful and you're bound to have a good time and experience some things you never thought you would.

City Slicker

I love going to Vegas in the spring.  The weather isn't too hot yet, so it's very pleasant!  And for us, it's not too far!  Cabo is also wonderful, but spring break can get pretty wild down there!

City Slicker

I've not gone on many spring break trips since my college days, but I am going to Gulf Shores Alabama in early April. Anyone been there?  I've seen a few travel stories from the area but curious if more folks have Alabama experience...

Anonymous
Not applicable

During College I usually ended up in a hostle just outside of Everglades National Park.  I either went SCUBA diving in Key Largo or explored the Everglades

County Wise

I would have to say that someone out of the norm is the best place to go during Spring break. Some good places include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Chicago. Sure, they're not the beach but you won't have to wrestle with someone who's done jello shots to find to place to sit.

City Slicker

I spent "spring break" in St. Maarten (not really, barely ran into any college kids and/or jell-o shots, which was a plus!) And yes, you can tell from the spelling that I was on the Dutch side. It was fantastic; direct flights from PHL to SXM, great food, amazing beaches and really relaxing. I would recommend renting a car no matter what side you choose, just so you can get out and explore the island. Both sides have there charm!