cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your 2015 Travel Resolution?

Community Manager

What's Your 2015 Travel Resolution?

As 2014 winds down and the 'holiday fever' reaches new heights, the Barclaycard Travel Community team was discussing our upcoming travel plans and goals for next year. We were curious, what are some travel resolutions you have? A grand European tour? Big family summer vacation? One weekend getaway each month? Share your travel resolutions for next year! (Writing them down is the first step to accomplishing your goals!)

54 Replies
City Slicker

Re: What's Your 2015 Travel Resolution?

My 2015 Travel Resolution is to use ALL of my vacation days! Every year I let PTO go by unused but refuse to do so in 2015. I will be taking a long honeymoon in the Spring and would love to plan a trip to Europe in the Fall!

Community Manager

My resolution is to actually plan in advance for all my travels. My usual method has been either to show up in a new location and then begin the search or book something last minute.  A few months ago, when I found myself stuck in a creepy little roadside motel that I had to drive an hour to reach (since it was one of the few lodging areas available in a 2 hour radius!), I swore I would be better about planning in the future.

County Wise

Of of my main goals in 2015 for travel is to start planning a big family summer vacation in a lovely beach town (multiple houses will be needed!). So many times we've 'talked' about this idea of a larger/multi house vacation during Thanksgiving dinners and we've never actually done it! So, I'm resolved to start looking now during December to lock something down! (And, on a smaller scale, I'd really like to plan a trip out West with our two boys to see the Grand Canyon and perhaps rent an RV and tour some of the smaller towns. A Route 66 tour is also on my bucket list!). So many places to see!

City Slicker

I plan to enjoy, learn and meet many cultures this year. I have a trip planned to west Africa, and Namibia. Great places to learn.
City Slicker

Even before December of 2014, I have already 2 international trips planned in 2015! India in March and an European honeymoon in June. My travel resolution is to visit Walt Disney World in Orlando and hopefully 1 more international trip: Christmas in Shanghai.. just in time for Disneyland Shanghai's opening!!

City Slicker

To take my husband and kids to a big family reunion on Kauai.  The last one we had was in 2008, and it's been way too long since we've been together!  I have the best cousins in the world--in 2015 I will show them that I think so . . . 

=)

City Slicker

I'm looking forward to taking my wife to Amsterdam to see the tulips this April and then on to Paris to enjoy the "City of Lights".  I can hardly wait!

Stately Explorer

Wife and I are planning to cruise New England/Canada in October 2015.  Also, we may have the opportunity to return to Alaska on a cruise with a group.

City Slicker

I am determined to spend at least a full week on a nice beach with no agenda !