cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWYD: Where to spend Christmas week en route to Guadalajara

Internationally Known

WWYD: Where to spend Christmas week en route to Guadalajara

Hi guys. This is super random but everyone has been so helpful in the past I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. My in-laws would like us to come and visit them from January 1-7, 2020, at a beach town not too far from Guadalajara. THis is great, obviously, except that we actually have 2 weeks off and kind of wanted to go somewhere we haven't spent as much time in and had hoped to visit the Middle East or Asia. I am looking for inspiration for where to spend the week of Christmas before meeting up with them, to see if a 2 part trip is doable. Good reward redemptions on flights would also be helpful....Some ideas I have are Buenos Aires, Bolivia, etc., but I also wondered if anyone knows of any particularly good deals flying between the Middle east and Mexico. I know this is super random, but I am in the very early exploratory phases! Thanks, community! (ETA we are based out of NYC)

2 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: WWYD: Where to spend Christmas week en route to Guadalajara

You could as well take it easy on you and spend XMas in San Miguel de Allende. We went at the same time and had perfect weather, lots of sunshine, very mild during the day, light jacket required at night. The town is absolutely beautiful and nicely decorated around the season. Lots of good restaurants, cafes, markets and just a great atmosphere. Other interesting towns in the area if you must rent a car because you can't stay put. Google it, it is one of the most picturesque towns in entire Mexico. You could fly to Leon and drive (or just take a taxi, I believe it was $100 for the 90 min from the airport) or you keep the car and return it at the coast where you will meet with your in-laws. Just a thought.

Internationally Known

Re: WWYD: Where to spend Christmas week en route to Guadalajara

Thanks. I have never been there but my husband lived and studied there for a while in the 90s....food for thought!