cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW Air to make a slow comeback

Highlighted
Internationally Known

WOW Air to make a slow comeback

For those of you that were saddened by the bankruptcy of WOW Air there will be happiness coming back into your lives.  I just read an article that WOW will be making a slow comeback.  This article was in an email I received today from Travel+Liesure.  I remember seeing a post here when the bankruptcy was declared so I wanted to bring a little sunshine of hope back to you.  

3 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: WOW Air to make a slow comeback

Nationally Recognized

The person leading this turnaround is Michele Ballarin ... calling her "eccentric" would be an understatement. There's a lengthy, fascinating piece about her from the Washington Post from October 2013 that's worth a read. I will be astonished if Wow flies again.

Internationally Known

Sounds pretty risky to me. Starting with two planes, the slightest malfunction and you will be stranded somewhere. Lounge and Michelin Star Chef? Guess not for a $ 100 ticket...wonder what kind of business model that is? The only reason WOW was so popular was the price of the ticket, I would not think that folks were looking for a premium product, they just wanted to bring their costs for the anyway expensive Iceland vacation down? Am I wrong?