cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Train schedules in the UK?

Stately Explorer

Train schedules in the UK?

Hello Everyone!

I'm curious if anyone knows if Trains run as normal in the UK on December 24th? I want to take the train from London - Edinburgh on the 24th but can't seem to find anywhere that is booking (other than the sleeper train which I do not want to take)? Google gave me an indefinite answer, but I would hate to bugger part of my travel because of a Holiday.

Help!

4 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Train schedules in the UK?

Check out Loco2.com, they do not yet have their schedules posted, it looks like they wait until 2 months prior to travel. I think trains will run, but some may have a reduced schedule for December 24. 

RJean
Stately Explorer

Ah! I didn't think about the schedules simply not being up yet. 

Thank you!

Internationally Known

Yes, sometimes I get so used to the way most hotels and airlines post their schedules 300+ days in advance, I forget it is not the case for everyone in the world. 

I am anxious to book flights out of Cairo for next April and rooms in Greece, and so far nothing is available for booking. 

Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. 

RJean
Internationally Known

Having taken trains in the UK around the holidays, my guess is that there will be trains but not as many of them as on a "regular" Tuesday. Keep checking as it gets closer - so long as you book in advance you should be ok.