Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Train schedules in the UK?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Train schedules in the UK?

Hello Everyone!

I'm curious if anyone knows if Trains run as normal in the UK on December 24th? I want to take the train from London - Edinburgh on the 24th but can't seem to find anywhere that is booking (other than the sleeper train which I do not want to take)? Google gave me an indefinite answer, but I would hate to bugger part of my travel because of a Holiday.

Help!

4 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Train schedules in the UK?

Check out Loco2.com, they do not yet have their schedules posted, it looks like they wait until 2 months prior to travel. I think trains will run, but some may have a reduced schedule for December 24. 

RJean
Stately Explorer

Ah! I didn't think about the schedules simply not being up yet. 

Thank you!

Internationally Known

Yes, sometimes I get so used to the way most hotels and airlines post their schedules 300+ days in advance, I forget it is not the case for everyone in the world. 

I am anxious to book flights out of Cairo for next April and rooms in Greece, and so far nothing is available for booking. 

Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. 

RJean
Internationally Known

Having taken trains in the UK around the holidays, my guess is that there will be trains but not as many of them as on a "regular" Tuesday. Keep checking as it gets closer - so long as you book in advance you should be ok.