cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tourlina, and other apps for Solo Travelers

Stately Explorer

Tourlina, and other apps for Solo Travelers

Hello! As a solo female traveler I'm generally good on my own, but I'm starting to be on the road more and more now that I've picked up a remote job. Obviously some of the beauty of travel is meeting new people, has anyone tried any of the apps and had a positive experience?
Tourlina is the most recent I've been made aware of, and this one is female only so it makes it feel a bit safer and less like a dating/hookup app.

Would love to know what others do! (male or female :) )

4 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Tourlina, and other apps for Solo Travelers

hanks! I had never heard of this!

Internationally Known

This is the first I have heard of this too. Thanks for sharing.

RJean
Internationally Known

Thanks for mentioning Tourlina, never heard of it either. But our oldest daughter is heading out on a cross country trip this summer, and we were hoping she could find a buddy to travel with! We'll check it out!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Admittedly, I have never heard of this app.

Being a solo male traveler, I know that my experiences are going to be quite a bit different. I tend to do a lot of hiking in very remote areas, often times by myself. I do carry pepper spray, and other items useful for defense when I'm hiking by myself, but the main thing I try to do is be aware of my surroundings at all times.

I spent a fair amount of time looking from side to side, looking over my shoulder, and taking note of when I inadvertently wander into a questionable area. A lot of bad guys look for people who are not aware of their surroundings. By walking confidently and looking like I know where I'm going (even if I don't) I can usually discourage pickpockets, scam artists, and other bad guys.

When I get turned around in an unfamiliar area, I tend to walk into a museum, library, coffee shop, or either safe place before I look at the map and get reoriented.

In the areas where I tend to visit, I am more concerned about bears and aggressive dogs then bad guys.