Did you mean: 

To do in Seattle Washington. Or to do in Victoria bc

City Slicker

To do in Seattle Washington. Or to do in Victoria bc

5 Replies
Highlighted
County Wise

Re: To do in Seattle Washington. Or to do in Victoria bc

The Pike Place Market is a must-do in Seattle. Also, the Space Needle (best on a clear day so you can see Mt. Rainier), the Chihuly Garden, and the Experience Music Project are worth checking out if it's your first time to the area - check the EMP's schedule of exhibits - we caught a Chuck Jones exhibit (the Looney Tunes animator), a Star Wars costume exhibit, and a horror movie exhibit while we were there. You can buy combo tickets for multiple attractions there which cuts down on the cost a little. We did a coffee tour when we were there, which was a lot of fun, using Road Dog Tours (I like to do stuff like this on the first day, to help orient me around a new place). If you're into hiking or outdoorsy stuff and will have a rental car, Mt. Rainier National Park is about a 2 1/2 hour drive outside of the city (crazy, cause it looks so much closer!), and it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever hiked. The Underground tours are okay, a little cheesy, but still neat to see the old parts of the city.

City Slicker

We are headed to both Seattle and Victoria at the end of April so I figured I'd share some of the things we are planning on.  I used to live on the Kitsap Peninsula, so I'm familiar with the area to some degree.  We are going to see the Fremont Troll.  If I can muster the courage, we may do the Seattle Ferris Wheel down on the pier.  If you're not afraid of heights, spring for the glass bottomed gondola for a different point of view.  Check the almanac and see what time sunset is during your stay, then make an advance dinner reservation at the Space Needle.  Just south of the city a bit, we are going to do some brewery hopping, and to top of our trip, we're taking the Clipper (high speed ferry) to Victoria for a 3 day, 2 night trip.  The gardens in Victoria are just beautiful!  And if you're up for a little different type of adventure, check out the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park in Vancouver just a 2.5 drive north of Seattle.  Its not Victoria, but its something different/memorable for sure.

Internationally Known

Head to Mt Rainier or/and to to San Juan islands for a day trip.
City Slicker

Space Needles is a blast.  If you have children get the dry ice dessert...fun to watch the kid's face light up when it arrives.  I just walked around and visited the first starbucks location.  I also took the light rail to see other sites.  

Nationally Recognized

Right now, it is still in the best weather for Seattle area. There are numerous hiking trails around Seattle, such as the ones in Northbend, and several other small cities that are very close to Seattle and I posted travel stories for. It's uniquely green. It has water, flower, trees, hills, lakes, mountains, and many other things, such as small wild life animals. :)