cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Ed4000!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Thanks Ed4000!

I left a comment on the recent story about eatwith in Florence, but I just wanted to emphasize how great this is and thank Ed4000 for posting about it! I think that everyone should definitely check it out and throw a kudo out for a great story and idea. 

Just another reason to love this community :) 

2 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Thanks Ed4000!

Thanks kranzie10, I appreciate the shout out, and glad you liked the story.

It's just something we're passionate about and that I think everyone can easily do that's so enriching and just plain fun and adventurous. We've done them in Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence, and Istanbul. We especially like the ones that include going to the markets and helping prepare the food. Most of the time the price is about what you'd spend on a nice dinner in a restaurant anyway, with more food and unlimited wine!

Another platform besides eatwith.com we've used is withlocals.com. They have the same type meal setups, but also guided tours and experiences. Many times the guides are not licensed, so they can't carry you into the big deal tourist sites e.g. the Louvre in Paris, Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Colosseum in Rome,  Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, etc. but they're also much cheaper than licensed guides, and great for just a general walk around the neighborhoods, getting oriented, trying out street food, etc. , plus you talk with a local and have a contact which can be very valuable if you run into trouble, or just have a question about the city. Cost is very reasonable as well.

Internationally Known

Re: Thanks Ed4000!

That sounds amazing as well!  Definitely some stuff to look into when we travel.  Thanks again!!