cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasting Rooms near McMinnville, OR

Stately Explorer

Tasting Rooms near McMinnville, OR

So we've greatly enjoyed working our way through different wineries on trips to oregon, but we have yet to have success near McMinnville. We are casual consumers and not fancy travelers. And when last near McMinnville we walked into one tasting room and walked back out a few minutes later. It was not a comfortable and relaxed environment. I'm afraid it scared us off of going anywhere else in that area and we moved on without stopping at any other vineyards or tasting rooms in the immediate area. We will be spending a night there in May on our way to driving to Depoe Bay, and we definitely do want to try somewhere new and pick up a bottle or 3 for the rest of our trip. Any one have suggestions for friendly, casual establishments with tasting available? Preferably where the tasting costs no more than $10-15 a person.

1 Reply
Nationally Recognized

Re: Tasting Rooms near McMinnville, OR

I can't really speak to that area specifically but I can tell you that I have been to a couple of wineries elsewhere that were not snooty, and in fact we walked around the farm and tasted wine at picnic tables. I wonder if you can check out photos on trip advisor or something?