cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southeastern Roadtrip Ideas

City Slicker

Re: Southeastern Roadtrip Ideas

On your way over to Gaitlinburg, make sure you stop in Asheville, NC.  The Biltmore estate is there, which is a fantastic stop.  You can then drive through Smokey Mountain National Park to reach Gaitlinburg.  Leave yourself enough time to pull over on the side of the road a couple of times and explore the scenery

Internationally Known

Thanks - we ended up stopping at the  U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville,  It was a quick side trip off the main route and we all really enjoyed it.  My youngest is even doing a report on the US Space program he enjoyed it so much.

-Jim

Internationally Known

We were able to visit St Augestine and take the trolley tour and had a great time.  I love archtiecture so it was a special treat for me.  I will be recommending St Augestines to others for now on!

County Wise

The Everglades, in Florida!!!! A fun way to get a little adrenaline rush, yet see nature do it's thang!

Nationally Recognized

Have you ever checked out Chattanooga? It's a great small city with some beautiful architecture, interestig cultural stuff happening, and history museums, zoos, festivals, etc. There's some basic stuff here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g54946-Activities-Chattanooga_Tennessee.html

Also there's some really great food!

Highlighted
County Wise

Atlanta, Georgia is a lot of fun. And very close to where they film The Walking Dead if you're interested in that. There is a cute little town near the film set. Also, Athens is a great town.

Stately Explorer

I would really recommend Savanah, Ga.  It is probably the most beautiful city in the US in my opinion and certainly has it's share of history!