cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sightseeing around Sedona/ Flagstaff

Internationally Known

Sightseeing around Sedona/ Flagstaff

We will be in Sedona / Flagstaff area for 3 days around Christmas. Can you please recommend places to check out?  Thank you 

4 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Sightseeing around Sedona/ Flagstaff

We didn't get up to Flagstaff, but we really enjoyed Slide Rock State Park, north of Sedona. I'ts gorgous in late afternoon sun. I believe we went in Nov., but my kids still went in the water. We also took the Pink Jeep broken arrow tour, which takes you to some fabulous views. It's been awhile since I was there, so I don't remember a lot. If I think of something else, I will let you know.

Stately Explorer

Assuming you have a car, there are a bunch of great trails and hiking in Sedona. You don't need a Jeep or pay for a Jeep tour, either. We had a sedan and were able to access most of the trailheads just fine. Just use your common sense when driving. We really liked Chapel of the Holy Cross, Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, Broken Arrow Trail, and Airport Mesa.

City Slicker

Plenty of hiking / trails in the area. Flagstaff has some great craft beer places. Also Bearizona is just outside Flag but is a nice drive thru wildlife park with an interior walking area. There are some cross country ski areas too. Also in Sedona go to the coffee pot for breaksfast 101 ways to have omelets, plenty of other chocies too and unique coffee mugs. All very reasonable.

City Slicker

If you choose to do a jeep tour, go with A Day In The West.  We did a combination jeep tour, horseback ride and Western dinner and show and had a great time.  Outside of Sedona, we went to the town of Jerome, a western town with a wild reputation in the gold mining days.  Eat at The Haunted Hamburger.   Lots of hiking trails.  Tlaquepaque shops.  Yes, to someone's earlier recommendation to eat at The Coffee Pot.  We only went through Flagstaff on our Grand Canyon tour. Our trip was in April.  Slide Rock Park was not yet really open.  Too chilly.