cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Favorite U.S. Summer City for a Chance to Win a $500 Gift Card!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Re: Share Your Favorite U.S. Summer City for a Chance to Win a $500 Gift Card!

My favorite US Summer City is San Francisco. The food choices are amazing with the ability to always try a new restaurant or coffee shop. To work off those calories, we love going for walks and exploring the different neighbords with beautiful views of mountains and water all around. The bridges are always so lovely to photograph, especially at night. Finally, that's where I proposed to my wife, so it remains a special place for me forever.

Highlighted
City Slicker

Washington DC! An awesome lot of great museums, Georgetown, top notch dining... need I say more?

Highlighted
City Slicker

San Francisco, is an amazing place.
Highlighted
County Wise

My favorite summer city to visit is Chicago! It has so much vitality, and there's always plenty to do! Summer concerts and festivals, shopping in the many different shopping districts, visiting among the many art museums and maybe seeing a Broadway show! There's so much to do, and it's so easy to get there!

Highlighted
City Slicker

There's nothing like Bend, Oregon in the summertime......beautiful weather, rivers to swim and canoe in, a multitude of golf courses, the Cascade Mountians for hiking.......plus lots of good restaurants, museums and great activities. There's never a shortage of things to do, and most all of them involve being outdoors. Whether you're in a tent, RV, B&B or hotel, the Bend area is truly a special summer time spot!

Highlighted
County Wise

Seattle in the summer!  Usually (though not lately) mild weather, and sunny almost every day!

Highlighted
City Slicker

St. Augustine Beach, Florida, because who doesn't love a sandy beach?!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Lake Tahoe, CA...specifically King's Beach, is our favorite summer spot.  I can't think of a better place to beat the heat with the relatively cool mountain climate, still have water and beach activities, hiking, biking and some of the most breath taking scenery around.  King's Beach provides some great restaurants, is in easy striking distrance to great summer mountain resorts and still retains the small, mountain town feel.

Highlighted
City Slicker

Seattle is the best-kept secret Summer destination in the US. The year-long drizzle comes to a complete halt, it hovers at balmy low-80 degree temperatures, and everyone (I mean EVERYONE) comes out to play. Because it's on a narrow isthmus between Lake Washington and Puget Sound, you're never more than 20 minutes away from the water. There are sand beaches, rock beaches, grass beaches, docks and piers. Some are packed to the gills, some are completely empty for the taking, but there is no shortage. A personal favorite is easily Foster Island, a point jutting into Lake Washington reached after a pleasant trot across a marsh full of wildlife like eagles, herons and turtles.

Highlighted
County Wise

New York has got to be my favorite US Summer City.  Sure, the city blocks can feel kind of steamy on the really hot days, but there's nothing like escaping to Central Park for a picnic and flying kites, or a walk down the Hudson River with a stop at the Boat Basin for a beer.  Exploring outside of Manhattan could bring you to City Island, a free ride on the Staten Island Ferry, or on a roller coaster at Coney Island.  There's so many things to do in New York City during the summer.  Lots of FREE activities too!  What's not to love?