cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Favorite U.S. Beach for a Chance to Win $500!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Re: Share Your Favorite U.S. Beach for a Chance to Win $500!

My favorite is Virginia Beach because my family has made a lot of good memories there.

Highlighted
City Slicker

The beaches of Cape May, NJ are my absolute favorite!  Very clean with incredible views of the lighthouses! Plus, world class dining just steps away from the water!

Highlighted
City Slicker

santa barbara butterfly beach.  The beach is always clean, not too crowded and has the most amazing sunsets.  Great for pictures. The weather is just right, not too hot or cold.  Water temp. typical of Pacific Ocean.  And it's just across the road from the Biltmore with great drinks etc.  What more can one ask for?

Highlighted
City Slicker

My favorite beach is Coronado, a local San Diego beach.  It has a huge expanse of clean sand and that "Some Like it Hot" mystique.

Highlighted
City Slicker

I lived in the cold and rainy Northwest for about 15 years and about a year in California.  Have always wanted to move to Florida to nice weather year round.  Until my husband got job here in Florida so my dream came true!

We live in a town called Largo, Florida. Just only 8 minutes away from a white soft sand beach called Indian Rocks Beach. The town itself is not big but many families, tourists, and local alikes pay a visit here.  What I love the most about this beach is that the sand is so so soft, and it a very clean beach, and most importantly the water is clear and warm!!  Park is also free throughout the beach access areas.  There are stalls with fresh water so you can wash yourself off afterwards.  You can actually do some fishing here.

Another beach I have to mention is called Sand Key Beach.  This beach really tops it all off for me due to the wonderful fishes you can see under the water!!! Yes you are reading correctly - you can have a great time snorkeling in Florida. You can bring your snorkel gear and see big fishes here along the rocks!  One of the fishes that is worth mentioning is Snook.  I saw a group of them in the morning (usually early morning or late evening is best for fishing/snorkeling)  There were about 4 total and each of them is about 2 feet long!!!  I never thought I would be able to see amazing underwater life in the U.S.  Honestly snorkeling at Sand Key Beach is just as good as anywhere else internationally I've been to.  Many people like to come to Sand Key Beach to fish, BBQ with families, and it's a popular spot for wedding photography.  Photos of this beach is attached!  Enjoy :)

tpams_phototour92.jpgflorida-beach-2.jpg

Highlighted
City Slicker

IMG_7147.JPG

My new favorite beach is Ke'e Beach on Kauai.  It's beautiful, of course, but it also has plenty of shade for those of us who burn easily. The snorkeling is fairly decent, and you might be lucky enough to see an endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal resting there. 

Highlighted
City Slicker

Warm, white sand to sink your toes into. Crystal blue and turquoise colored waters you'd only imagine exists in one's dreams. Bursting pink, purple, and orange sunsets. Heat, skin, sweat. Enough serene beauty to get lost inside one's self, but an atmosphere filled with culture, language, and a plethora of personalities all coming together to coexist against the backdrop of an infinite blue sky and salty waves. Miami beach, albeit not secluded in location, is one of the best U.S. beaches worth visiting time and time again based on cultural atomosphere alone, let alone its breathtaking natural beauty.