cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Favorite U.S. Beach for a Chance to Win $500!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Re: Share Your Favorite U.S. Beach for a Chance to Win $500!

With 4 kids, beach selection is all about fun AND convenience! Our family beach is Twin Lakes in Santa Cruz, CA. The sand & surf is great, the kids love digging up sand crabs, building castles & forts, and just playing in the sun. Plus, there are all the conveniences you'd want as a parent: showers & bathrooms are always close by and there's a great (and cheap!) Mexican restaurant so you don't always have to pack a lunch. Parking can get crazy on the weekends, but even when it's at its busiest, there's always plenty of real estate on the sand to set up a shade umbrella and play for a day!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Pretty sure the U.S. Virgin islands would qualify as being "US beaches". As for my favorite... the whole north shore of St. John is covered with the most beautiful and pristine stretches of white sand and sapphire blue water nestled in one of the most amazing national prks around. Which makes it rather difficult to pick a favorite. But if I have to, it would be trunk Bay. Just an amazing amount of the softest sand and clearest water you've ever seen. With it's unique underwater snorkel trail, it is definitely a place not to be missed on a trip to USVI.

Highlighted
City Slicker

Living in California, I am fortunate enough to be able to explore many beautiful beaches along the coast.  This past year I was able to road trip up the coast hitting several beaches, but my favorites are always in combination with camping.  So far my favorite beach in the US is Brighten Beach, in Santa Cruz, CA.  We camped with friends for two days and the beach was right there, tucked away with a beautiful coastline.  Walking from the campsite down to the beach was so nice and its become one of those images that will always be ingrained.   

Highlighted
City Slicker

Siesta Key Beach in Florida is the best!  The sand is perfect and the best part is that the sand doesn't heat up and burn your feet.  The ocean is warm and overall a beatiful place!

Highlighted
City Slicker

We love Mrytle Beach because it close to home, there are many great places to eat along the beach, and it beautiful place to visit!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Lauderdale by the Sea in Fort Lauderdale is my favorite beach mainly because of the amazing reef that is right off the beach providing world class diving and snorkeling. A wreck, snorkel trail, coral reef research area and beautiful reefs span the area in no more than 14 ft of water. We dive often and this our favorite spot to see turtles, tropical fish, stingrays, nurse sharks and the beautiful Florida and Caribbean wildlife.
Highlighted
City Slicker

I haven't really been to many beaches, four to be more precise, but the one main area that really stayed with me for so long has definitely been the beaches of Kauai, Hawaii. You can't really top a beach that is located around an island, and especially in such a beautiful land.

My cousins lived there for two years and I visited this beach in 2007 and I still have dreams about going back! Having our own little personal tour guides really helped us by indulging in areas in which tourists would have never been able to find.

To top off just how much I loved it there, I even spent the next 8 years gaining 5 different tattoos that are all Hawaiian themed! 

Hawaii is definitely worth the trip. 

Highlighted
City Slicker

I have a secret to share about a place that not even many MI residents know about.

It's blue water has been compared to the Carribean; however, the sunsets remind you that you're home.

The clear water, which houses some of Michigan's stone - the petoskey stone, is one of the deepest lakes in Michigan.

The lake is long enough that what happens at the sandbar, stays at the sandbar!

This is my home,

Jill

Sandbar.jpgTL sunset.jpg

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Hands down the best beach in the States is Ke'e Beach on the Na Pali coast on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. It's a great spot for snorkeling, and the landscape is just mind blowing. It's also a great spot for ending your Na Pali hike.

Highlighted
City Slicker

I love the beaches in Michigan, especially near Traverse City. So serene, beautiful, and no sharks! =)