cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scotland in October?

Internationally Known

Re: Scotland in October?

Gefe57 & BelfryBat,

I have not really followed the post on Scotland as I am not able to contribute, still on my bucket list.

I wish you both all the best and I sincerely hope you will recover soon from your loss. It is great to hear that you both had a final moment with your loved one, that makes such a big difference.

Unfortunately, I lost contact with my dad for a while before he passed away too early due to lung cancer. Would have loved a final conversation, still hard to get over it although he already passed away in 2010. 

Internationally Known

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. I am sure you will always remember him as a bright spot in your life, just as you are to this travel community. 

RJean
Internationally Known

RjeanR,  thank you.  This is a very difficult time for me right now, I want to believe this was all a bad dream.  I have 3 other siblings but my brother Michael (who just passed) and I had a very close relationship.  Next Tuesday (September 24) we will have a celebration of life.  

Internationally Known

LikeTraveling, thank you for your kind thoughts.  A family loss is difficult no matter the circumstances.  My relationship with my younger brother has been rocky over the years but if I were to lose him it would still be a difficult loss.  We are working on our relationship and I hope things will remain good and get better.  I will always be thankful I had that last 36 minute conversation with him.  I think about it and I smile.  

Community Manager

Hi gefe57, All of us here are very sorry to learn of your family's loss. Please accept our condolences during this difficult time. ^SM

Internationally Known

Thank you very much for your thoughts.