cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scotland in October?

Internationally Known

Re: Scotland in October?

Hi Kranzie. I am glad to know that you are going to be okay. I hope you feel better soon.

I really appreciate your input on this. I am thinking that if I go in 2020 it will probably either be late April early October. I definitely want to avoid the summer months and the crowds and midges.

Internationally Known

Well, I just rebooked our trip yesterday for April 18th-28th 2020, so maybe we will be there at the same time. Avoiding midges and crowds were our main concerns and with me finishing up my treatment Nov 4th, I'll be able to get lots of training in for our walk! I hope you have an amazing trip whenever you decide to go :) 

Internationally Known

Kranzie10,  I just wanted to send you my well wishes.  I have not personally experienced what you are going through but I help with my father.  He had both prostate cancer and later lymphoma.  He was cleared of both.  We lost him later to something unrelated to cancer.  I wish you all the best in your treatments and get better soon. 

Nationally Recognized

This doesn’t really answer your question but the other day I was reading a bunch of articles in Fodors

about Scottish sands. I just cleared out my inbox but give it a google!

Internationally Known

Thank you @gefe57!  It was quite a surprise, as I'm pretty young and relatively healthy. Thankfully we caught it early and treatment is going well! 

Internationally Known

Hi Gefe. I'm sorry to hear about your father. I send you my thoughts and prayers and hope that your family can find comfort.

Internationally Known

Hi all:

I thank everybody for their great advice. This trip is going to have to be on hold for now. My father passed away on Labor Day and we laid him to rest after a blessed church service in West Virginia yesterday. At the age of 80 years old, he suddenly dropped in his tracks while fixing the lawnmower. 

I know that my family will make it over to Scotland at some point, but for now we will be taking care of family matters. I probably will not be on here very much for the next few days while we mourn the loss of our father.

Internationally Known

BelfryBat,  I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your father.  I know what you are going through.  I lost my dad in June 2010 and then my mom in December 2014.  Take your time with family and grieve.  It may not seem like it at the moment but with time things will get better.  I’ll be thinking about you.

best wishes,

Jeff

Nationally Recognized

I'm so sorry that I had not checked out the more recent topics of conversation in this thread, and I'm sorry for your losses and I wish you strength and support.

Internationally Known

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sending lots of strength and positive thoughts your way.