cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scotland in October?

Internationally Known

Re: Scotland in October?

I am sorry to hear about your loss, Belfrybat. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. 

RJean
Internationally Known

Thanks everybody. I really do appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We are slowly getting through this as family.

Internationally Known

Just getting back up to speed here after returning from our trip. I'm sorry to hear about your loss BelfryBat and the grief your family is dealing with. I'm fortunate that I've not had to face the loss of a very close family member, so I can't imagine how hard it is. It's nice to see the community here pull together for one of own, and we send you best wishes for dealing with the days ahead.

Community Manager

Hi BelfryBat, All of us here are very sorry to learn of your family's loss. Please accept our condolences during this difficult time. ^SM

Internationally Known

Hi SM. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me to hear from Barclays and my friends here at the Barclays Travel Community.

City Slicker

Its going to be a bit brutal and they can get snow higher up and more rural but more so balck ice. Saying that its really hit and miss it might be ok. We have had sunny days in early Oct.  I understand wanting to aviod tourist time. But persoanlly I would pick May or End of Aug/ Sept. Have fun !!  lots of layer and waterproofs .......damp and rainy for sure

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Scotland is definitely on my bucket list, but is probably a few years out. I look forward to everyone's stories from Scotland... sounds like there are quite a few people heading there or just getting back! My other hobby besides travel (& this site), is tracing my ancestry. I have some from Scotland and Ireland, so I hopefully I will make it there some day. 

Internationally Known

BelfryBat, I hope everything is settling down for you and your family after the passing of your father.  It takes time as I mentioned.  Well, it’s my turn again.  My oldest brother just passed this morning, September 18 at 2:27.  I’ll spare all the details but he was surrounded by family and he left peacefully.  This was unexpected and a huge surprise.  My brother just turned 66 on September 13.  He was my friend as well as my older brother so this is very difficult for me.  I will miss him very much and our regular phone calls.  My brother and his wife live about 5 hours from my house near Eureka, CA so the back and forth travel and helping with arrangements will be very tiring and time consuming.  We will head home tomorrow after helping with some arrangements and then head back here Monday or Tuesday.   

Internationally Known

Hi Gefe:

Thanks again for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that he was surrounded by family.

Sadly, my father passed away alone but I also take some comfort in the fact that he was doing what he loved doing  (working on the  farm) when he suddenly dropped in his tracks. Although it was a shock, despite the fact that he was 80 years old, I am glad that he was not suffering from any long-term illnesses.  He always told me that he would much rather die on the farm than in a nursing home. In that sense, he got his wish.

I agree about missing the phone calls. I spoke with Dad almost every Sunday and I am going to miss that. Ironically, our last conversation was by text when I send him photos of my trip to Laredo. He really enjoyed seeing my photos of the Rio Grande River on the border. He texted me wanting me to tell him about Laredo next time we talked. I promised I would do just that. Apparently, that conversation will have to take place in Heaven, but I know that it will happen.

Things are getting back into a routine now. I appreciate the fact this does get easier with time. It has been a very difficult couple weeks for you and for me. I'm glad we have this thread so we can share our experiences.

Internationally Known

Like you BelfryBat, I was very fortunate to have had a nice and fun conversation with my brother on Sunday evening before he had his, it was a heart incident, at 1:50 Monday morning.  He was in a coma until his death early Tuesday morning.  He is now with our mom and dad.  Rest In Peace Michael!