Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scotland/London - places we need to go

Highlighted
County Wise

Scotland/London - places we need to go

Hello! 

My husband and I will be traveling to Scotland in August and are looking into the places we must see when we are there. We are flying into London and will be going south of London to visit places such as Kent, York, etc. We both have been to London before and are looking to see more of the country side as well as traveling up to Scotland! Please let me know your suggestions of places we must visit or things we should do! 

Thank you! 

9 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Scotland/London - places we need to go

I would definately recommend seeing the Military Tatoo in Edinburgh if you are in the area when it happens each August.  And of course Edinburgh itself! 

County Wise

We will be there in August and we are planning on getting tickets. I have heard great things about it! 

Nationally Recognized

If you're Harry Potter fans, check out the tour of places in Ediburgh that inspired J. K. Rowling while she was writing the books. You can also ride the Hogwarts Express (Muggles call it the Jacobite)  that goes through western Scotland with all of that fantastic scenery. Trains to Edinburgh leave London at Kings Cross station, so be sure and look for platform 9 3/4 while you're there. Have a magical time. :-)

County Wise

Thats great info, thank you for sharing. My husband and I are Harry Potter fans so we will have to look into this! 

Nationally Recognized

Have a wonderful trip. :-)

County Wise

We just booked tickets to see this. Very excited! 

Nationally Recognized

We are off to "jolly olde England" next week. Looking forward to some pies and tea. Weather is normal in the low 70s in London with drizzle. Will report later. ;-)

Happy Travels~

City Slicker

Sounds like a great trip!

If you have time to go a few hours south, check out the following areas: Brighton, Jurrasic Coast, Cornwall (St. Ives, Falmouth, and St. Mawes sepcifically). Stratford-Upon-Avon is lovely for a day trip if you're interested in Shakespeare, and not too far north of London. On you way up to Scotland, make a stop in the Sheffield area to visit the Peak District! Castleton is a charming village, and Tilly's has a lovely tea & scone. In Scotland, absolutely do not miss Edinburgh. From the castle to the markets and of course the scotch- it's hard to go wrong. Enjoy your travels!