cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roatan, Honduras

Internationally Known

Roatan, Honduras

Next February were are heading outg on a Western Caribbean on the new Biggest Ship in the world, the Symphony of the Seas.  Been on the Allure so I know how crowded it can get.  Anyway, one of our ports of call is Roatan, Honduras.  I love the water but I am the only one in our group that does so I won't go snorkling by myself and leave the others.  Has anyone been there?  If so is there much to do other than water sports?  Please let me know of any ideas/suggestions.  Thanks

4 Replies
Stately Explorer

Re: Roatan, Honduras

I went to the Gumbalimba animal sanctuary and really enjoyed it.  There is ziplining there as well so it may be a good place for people with different interests. 

Internationally Known

Thanks for the info.  We will figiure something out.  I know my wife wants to do shopping.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Most of the beaches are kind of so so, but West Bay is nice. Lee Abbamonte puts it in his top 30 in the world. I wouldn't rank it that high - great color for sand and water, but there was simply too little sand when we were there - about 10 feet worth between the water's edge and the land!

The island is fairly mountainous and a great place for diving and snorkeling. We took a drive across the western 3/4 of it. I recall seeing the partially sunken ship near Coxen Hole, but after that, just some big shopping plaza at Mount Pleasant, then repeating hills.

Internationally Known

Centrifuge41,  thanks for the info.  I’m sure my wife will want to check out the shopping.