cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Trip Across Country

Highlighted
City Slicker

Road Trip Across Country

Hey guys - one of my best friends & I are going on a road trip starting in Seattle. 

Here's the route: 

Seattle --> Yellowstone --> Salt Lake City, UT -->  Denver, CO --> Kasnsas City -->  St. Louis --> Chicago -->  Niagara Falls.

Any recommended places to eat/stay/check out in any of those places? I'll have my Nikon/ GoPro and will want to get some cool shots!

Thanks!! 

3 Replies
Stately Explorer

Re: Road Trip Across Country

I lived in Northern Utah for a bit quite a few years ago and I absolutely loved Park City. It's a big ski town but there is plenty to do there year round. Great places to eat, cute shops and activities on the mountain. If i remember correctly, I believe it's less than an hour from Salt Lake City.

I also absolutely loved Antelope island which I think is 1and half to two hours from Salt Lake City. It is beautiful and you can actually walk the beach to Salt Lake.  You can make it a quick stop and just drive through or you can camp and really explore. If you drive through you will be surrounded by free-ranging Bison. You can also get amazing photos of the reflection of the mountains.  Here's a link https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/antelope-island/

I love road trips! Have fun!

Community Manager

Hi @peacelovebecs, I stopped at Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis on my CA > PA road trip. It was some of the best BBQ we had on our trip! Have fun on your road trip! 

City Slicker

I lived in KC for 7 years, you can't go wrong with any of the classic BBQ places: Arthur Bryant's, Gates, Joe's Kansas City.

If you're traveling KC --> STL in the afternoon/evening, hop off I-70 and get a glass at Les Bourgeois winery in Rocheport on a bluff overlooking the river.

Definitely check out the City Museum in St Louis. It is not like any museum you've ever been to, great fun to explore like a kid, should get unusual photos.