cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick China trip advice?

Internationally Known

Quick China trip advice?

Hi guys.

I am doing a 10 tour of China that basically has 3 days each in Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai. The tour is not too overpacked with activities, and I have a day or two in each city as a "free day." Any advice on things I must do while I am there? (The trip already includes the Wall, the Bund, the Forbidden City, and the Terracotta Warriors.)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

2 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Quick China trip advice?

I have been to Beijing and Shanghai. 

Bring some cash (in Chinese currency) with you. Not everywhere accepts foreign credit cards in China. UnionPay cards, Alipay and WeChat Pay are more popular there. 

Last time I went to China in September 2018, I could use my Barclay card only in hotels and airports.

Internationally Known

Re: Quick China trip advice?

In Beijing, I would recommend visiting Tiananmen Square (perhaps it is already combined with your tour for the Forbidden City), Qianmen Street which is immediately south of the Tiananmen Square where variety of shops, restaurants and souvenir shops are in the 17th century like traditional Chinese buildings. Wangfujing is another popular place where you can see grand scale department stores all around as well as an alley way where you can see endless food stalls selling all kinds of skewers from chicken, lamb to absolutely exotic skewers you will perhaps never dare to try..... Night time is better than daytime to fully enjoy true charm of what Qianmen Street and Wangfujing can offer.