cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norway in Winter

City Slicker

Norway in Winter

WE are planning a one week trip to Norway in February. We wanted to see if anyone has any advice about transportation while in Norway. We will travel from Oslo to Bergen to Tromso.  Advice?

2 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Norway in Winter

Public transportation in Norway is pretty easy, and by Norwegian standards, not too expensive.  I would take the train from Oslo to Bergen.  It is only a few hours, and is very pretty.  From Bergen to Tromso is more complicated.  Train is easiest.  It will be a pretty long trip, possibly overnight.  You might also consider taking a ferry/ship at least part of the way.  They do run in Feb, so that is not a problem.  It takes too long to do the whole thing by boat, but part way is doable.  I would suggest taking a ferry out of Bergen to a town north of that, where you can take a train the rest of the way.  I don't know off the top of my head which town would be best for that, but a little research should allow you to find the best fit.  Good Luck and enjoy winter in Norway!

Stately Explorer

Re: Norway in Winter

I don't have personal experience, but Silvia at Heart My Backpack is my go-to for all things Norway, especially some off-the-beaten-path destinations. So many beautiful places to see, especially in winter!