cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice, Monaco, and Montpellier on a medium budget

Nationally Recognized

Nice, Monaco, and Montpellier on a medium budget

Hi guys.

I'm headed to see family in France this summer, and while I will be staying at their place for part of the time, I am going to do a 5 or so day stay at a couple of places on the coast. I've found a really great deal on an apartment in Nice and I am also looking for a place in Montpellier. I obviously know that, particularly at this time of year, none of these places are cheap, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark mid-range per day budget from experience. We will have a kicthen in our apartments, so we can supplement by cooking our own food but will also want to be out and about. I know what I can get from this info-gathering is limited, but I feel like it's worth asking because, for instance, nothing except fellow travelers could have prepared me for the cost of food in Iceland;)

Happy travels!

2 Replies
County Wise

Re: Nice, Monaco, and Montpellier on a medium budget

South of France is fabulous. Consider booking into Nice Cycle Tours - they will give you the insights into the area and great foodie places. They should let you know too on the special museum card.

I recommend you google map search “supermarché” close to where you will be for eggs, milk etc. I usually eat breakfast in and bring lunch with me and splurge on dinner that night. Night time places are fabulous in Nice. Most restaurants have their menus online and all budgets are catered for. You will certainly need to try local faves such as 'socca', 'Les Petits Farcis', 'Pissaladière', Ratatouille, CHEESE, pastries and crêpes and, of course, the wine. All of these are only a few euro. Very reasonable food prices - nothing like Iceland. When I am absolutely famished I find kebab places never let me down. Be aware that bar service is cheaper than indoor table service and the outdoor service is usually most pricey. Coffee usually comes black and if you need cream/milk it ups the price. 

You are going to have a wonderful time!

Nationally Recognized

Re: Nice, Monaco, and Montpellier on a medium budget

Thanks so much! I now it sounds a little ridiculous to ask about how to visit the world's most expensive places on a budget but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask;)