cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London with a 13 Year Old - Any Suggestions?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

London with a 13 Year Old - Any Suggestions?

Hey y'all,

We are traveling to London with our granddaughter this summer and plan to see the usual hot-spots, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for some young teen must-do places. Thanks in advance. :-)

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: London with a 13 Year Old - Any Suggestions?

Are you including Platform 9 3/4 as a hotspot? Because if your granddaughter is a Harry Potter fan, then you must, you must!

Other ideas: I think both the Tate and the V&A are worth a visit, as a teen and as an adult... Camden market is fantastic and could set you wandering for a while... and hey, why not try to see a show at The Globe?

Stately Explorer

Great ideas. Yes, Platform 9 3/4 is on the list and I hadn't thought about Camden Market. Thank you, Echochaser21. :-)

Community Manager

County Wise

If she has any interest in history, the Churchill War Rooms are a must. You get to see what living in London was like during WW2 and the blitz. 

Stately Explorer

Thanks, BethanyM. I found a couple of these when I used the filter (gonna do a Discussion thread about that later), but it's wonderful how much knowledge is here. I've learned all kinds of things from my fellow Travelers. Many thanks for providing this Form. <3

Stately Explorer

Thanks, rcmiller02, yes that was on her list. She's an amazing kid. Her list consisted of the British Museum, the Imperial Museum, Big Ben, and the Churchill War Rooms. Uh, don't 13 year olds want to Hard Rock any more? I'm okay with that. ;-)

Stately Explorer

I agree with echochasher on the Globe. I saw the Merchant of Venice for a fraction of what it would have cost here in Massachsetts and it was absolutely amazing. There is also a really cool installation at Kew Gardens called the hive if she is interested in that sort of thing (you can take the river tube all the way there) It's pretty far from central London but a great way to see the Thames. The National Gallery is also pretty amazing.