cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JustFly.com CheapOair.com - experiences??

Highlighted
City Slicker

JustFly.com CheapOair.com - experiences??

Has anyone used either of these booking sites? We are looking to travel to Alaska in August of 2017 and Justfly.com is consistantly has the lowest fares, but reviews online are less than stellar. It seems like if you have no issues and don't need to make travel changes AFTER you purchase the tickets, things are fine. But if you have to call in and make changes, the nightmare begins. I realize that 90% of reviews are ONLY people with negative experiences, and the people that are happy rarely feel the need to comment ... soooooo .... what does everyone think?? 

10 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: JustFly.com CheapOair.com - experiences??

I have experience with JustFly.com. It was very positive. The flight was cheaper than anywhere else, and everything went fine. As a matter of fact, when initially booking, we made a mistake and booked the wrong date. We were frightful since we had no knowledge as to this company's reputation, and feared we may be stuck with what we booked. However, since we caught this within 24 hours of booking, JustFly.com canceled and/or rebooked us for the proper dates at no charge. Pretty good!

City Slicker

Thanks Stormtroopin, in the past I either booked with FlightNetwork.com or searched on Orbitz for flights, then I would book with the airlines themselves. Now, the airlines show NO DEALS on their sites, the tickets are averaging $1,000 per and for 6 tickets you can see why I'm shopping around. JustFly has them as low as $610 ... that's a huge difference. Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, expedia .. they all appear to the the same exact website, hardly a difference from what I see at AA, United & Delta's websites. 

Nationally Recognized

One tangential thing to keep in mind anytime you're buying several tickets is that most airlines will only return results for fare buckets with at least the number of tickets you're searching for. But it doesn't really matter whether you're in bucket S or bucket T, so sometimes you can save substantially by doing several bookings for passengers separately.
City Slicker

I have had a terrible experience with these sites (might flight home from Vietnam was moved to a different time without any notification email, call, or communication whatsoever) and I had to just pay a $500 fee as a result which the company refused to cover. You risk that sort of situation with these random third party companies. Additionally, any changes/upgrades/seat selection is more of a hassle.
City Slicker

Exactly. The nightmare starts when you think you would change or cancel the flight you just booked.

Recently, I booked a flight on CheapOair web. The filght was May 7th when I booked on April 19.  Their web said 24 hrs cancelation and it also provided an insurance charge $45 for free cancelation and change. On April 22, I decided to cancel it. You know whant, the insurance was only cover for if you were sick or dead. Then, they would send you an email asking you to call them with a cancelation code showed in email. The email said, you would agree to pay cancelation fee $250.00, and you would get refund $210 short from what you pay.  I paid $730.00. Then based on the email, they charge $250.00 first and then refund you $520.00. So total lose is $250+$210(730-520). Otherwise, they won't cancel it.

I just booked it, but not use the service yet. Then cancelation lose is $460.00. Is it fair charge? 

Never, ever go to CheapOair. I remember, few years ago, I booked a hotel in LA. Then my credit card was being charged to pay a flight from US to Mexico. What a company is ?

Internationally Known

I have used CheapOair.com few times for booking travel. Sometimes, they offer $20 off coupons. My experience was normal like any other travel portals (say orbitz.com).
City Slicker

RESPONSE REMOVED

City Slicker

I've used Justfly for an (upcoming) flight to Helsinki.  

Finnair cancelled the flight (I heard from their email first).  The very polite Finnair gentleman said that Justfly would have to rebook the travel, and gave me a couple of suggestions on which flights to consider.

It took me a while to get someone from Justfly on the phone (not bad, but a little long), and then it took them about 4 days to provide an alternate booking, which unfortunately puts me into Helsinki a day earlier than planned.  I am not sure how complicated things would have been if I'd needed to keep the original itinerary, as I am sure it cost more.

OTOH, they were very polite.

Bottom line:  Look for a fare on Justfly, but I'd suggest then dropping out of Justfly and booking directly with the airline.

Internationally Known

I usually check prices on several sites but then book directly with the airlines. 

weltreisende