cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italy in June

City Slicker

Italy in June

Hey Everyone!

The wife and I are traveling to Italy this summer. I lived there for a few years and she has always wanted to go, so I figured now was as good as ever. We are traveling to Florence, Rome, Venice, Milan, and a few day stops in between. I was just wondering what everyone elses favorite day trips where. I personally love day trips in the Tuscan region. 

Happy Travels!

5 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Italy in June

From Florence, day trip to the beautiful walled town of Lucca?

That would be very high on my list. Also Sienna.

Enjoy!

City Slicker

I've done the wine tour of Castello di Verrazano twice and loved it! Definitely rent a car though-the bus will drop you off at the bottom of the winery and it's a VERY step, long walk uphill

San Gimignano is also a cool day trip from Florence
City Slicker

Definitely the Cinque Terre. Stayed in La Spezia for several days exploring the 5 cities and it was totally worth the 7 hour train ride from Nice

County Wise

Montepulciano! Wine tasting, it is truly unique! Cinque Terre is also amazing, although in June it might be too hot to hike through the cities, but you can always take a boat or the train! you can hit Lucca when you go to Pisa, as Pisa can easily be a half day trip. Have fun!

City Slicker

I can highly recommend San Gimignano, about an our from Florence. We stayed in a very small hotel at the foot of the towns hill. Early in the morning I heard the rooster and walked outside, the air was filled with fresh baked bread and the sun was rising behind the city. It absolutely took my breath away. It's just such a beautiful walled medieval hill town, really a must visit. There is at least one hotel right at the town square, which is where I will stay next time. At night the plaza is filled with people, live music and wonderful smells. A lovely gelato shop of course as well. I just want to sit there and take it all in sipping a latte macchiato and maybe enjoying some tiramisu.

Really visiting that area of Italy you can't do much wrong, it's beautiful, but this would be a really nice alternative to all the larget site-seeing cities.