cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Believe People Do This. It Can't Be Healthy!

Internationally Known

I Can't Believe People Do This. It Can't Be Healthy!

IMG_6105 (2).JPGHave you ever had a fish pedicure?

During my travels, I have seen this spa service in several places. I know I would never try it! Have you done it? Do you still have all of your toes?

RJean
6 Replies
Stately Explorer

Re: I Can't Believe People Do This. It Can't Be Healthy!

Oh my gosh, yes! I did this in Budapest and it tickles!! They scrubbed my feet with a pumice stone and then the fish went to town on the left-overs. Its more fun and a one off experience than something that seems like it works. But it also tickles to the point that I ended up taking my feet out early.

Luckily no pirahnas ;)

Internationally Known

Well, you are more adventurous than me! I imagine it would be ticklish for sure. A fish pedicure won't make my bucket list, but I am happy to hear you giggled your way through it and all toes are intact. 

RJean
Nationally Recognized

I considered doing it in China but it was too cold. I really doubt that there are many health issues associated with it although there were a few sensationalized articles about it here and there a while back

Internationally Known

RjeanR, I’ve heard of this and seen pictures.  I would be game to try it if the opportunity arose.  I would prefer that as opposed having a leech put on my to suck out toxins.

Internationally Known

Thank you for your comments. You certainly right about sensationalized articles. I guess fish pedicures were all the rage years ago, but now they are illegal in ten states. There is concern over the fact that the same fish are used again and again. 

RJean
Internationally Known

I did it in their natural setting in Djibouti. Fun, but not something I'd pay a lot of money for.