cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haunted Happenings & Frightful Fun

Nationally Recognized

Haunted Happenings & Frightful Fun

Fall is the season for thrills and chills. What are some of your favorite places for frightful fun? Leave your suggestions for the best haunted houses, pumpkin patches, orchards or corn mazes in the comments below (you can even link to a story you've writter or enjoyed) and we may pick a few of our faves to feature in an upcoming blog!

3 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Haunted Happenings & Frightful Fun

I'll kick things off.

Locally, Eastern State Penitentiary is a favorite destination - specifically Terror Behind the Walls. Another Philadelphia fave is Laurel Hill Cemetery. Situated in West Philadelphia, Laurel Hill hosts events year round. Lesser known, but worth a visit for history/literature fans - the Philadelphia E.A. Poe House.

County Wise

Orlando has a ghost tour (Orlando Ghost Tours).  And for years, people around central Florida would drive to Cassadaga, a cute little town that is filled with spiritualists, mediums, and psychics, for a little spooky adventure.  They have their own "Spirit Tours" this time of year.

City Slicker

I just went to the Bates Motel in Pennsylvania because Eastern State Penitentiary was booked solid. I thought is was pretty good! They offer three attractions - haunted hayride, maze and house. Worth checking this out if you're in the area.

Next on my list is Pennhurst Asylum -- it's been featured on Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel, Ghost Hunters on SyFy and Haunted History on the History Channel. 

Has anyone been?